- What This Private Policy Explains
- what kind of personal data is being processed;
- the purposes for which the personal data is being or is to be collected and furth
- the source of that personal data;
- the persons to whom we disclose or may disclose your personal/asset data;
- where it is obligatory for you to supply the personal data, the consequences to you if you fail to supply the personal data;
- the choices and means that you may limit the processing of your personal data, including personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from that personal data and
- your right to request access to and to request correction of your personal data and how to contact us with any inquiries or complaints in respect of the personal data.
- Type of Personal Data
How we protect information
- Personal data refers to all information that relates directly or indirectly to you or your asset, including any sensitive personal data and expression of opinion about you. Sensitive personal data refers to any personal data as to your physical or mental health or condition, your political opinions, your religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission by you of any offence or any other personal data as may be determined by law from time to time.
- The personal data collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Personal contact information - e.g. your name, date of birth, identification number (such as NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality, race, address, contact number, fax number, email address, credit card information and other necessary information to complete the purchase.
- Your business/entity information – e.g name, registration number, activities, services and products, banking information, address, telephone/fax numbers, email address, facilities available in your business premises and any other information provided to us pursuant to any engagement from time to time.
- Your/business asset information - e.g. name, registration/identification number, model, cost, basic technical information, year/mode of purchase, maintenance, fuel, road tax and insurance information/records.
- Your personal interests and preferences to help us tailor offerings of our services and products which would suit you best.
- In addition to Personal Data you provide to us, we may also collect your Personal Data from variety of sources, including from application forms, registration forms, contest forms, corporate searches. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to collect information sent by your browser, including the pages you visit, your use of third-party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving our Services. When you access our Site and use our Services by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification number associated with your device (for example, a UDID, IDFA, Google Advertising ID or similar), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, and phone number.
- If need arises, we will obtain explicit consent from you to process sensitive personal data. We may however process personal data without your consent in limited circumstances as permitted by law.
Purpose of Processing Personal Data
- Our Site or software may integrate with or contain links to other third-party sites and services. Your interactions with any third-party website or service are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. We are not responsible for the use of such information by any third party.
- Information collected about you through our Site and software is stored and processed in Malaysia.
- We do not undertake to review, edit, manage or determine the suitability, legality or value of any Content or Content Data entered or uploaded to the Site or our software.
- When you enter personally identifiable information through the Site or our software we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- We use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our Site and software.
- Please understand that no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Karecord will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- You may “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology by managing the preferences or settings on your browser. However, if you decide not to accept our cookies, your ability to use some Service features and Site features may be impaired. Please refer to your browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools.
We may collect and process personal data from you or from the third parties, for one or more of the following purposes:
Source of Personal Data
- to remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it the next time you use our Services.
- to administer and manage our services.
- to register you as our business partner or non-contractual/independent service providers.
- for purposes of entering into contract or in furtherance of seeking to enter into a contract with us.
- to process any incentives provided to you under our incentives program.
- to facilitate the payment process for various reasons in connection with our services.
- to facilitate credit evaluation and credit risk checks by us which may occur from time to time.
- to facilitate the enforcement of your contractual obligations with us, amongst others, including but not limited to any default in payment of any outstanding monies owing to Karecord and/or to ensure you maintain a good credit rating or standing with us.for purposes of entering into contract or in furtherance of seeking to enter into a contract with us.
- to assist you to comply with the applicable laws, including assistance in obtaining the relevant governmental licences and approvals.
- to investigate, process and resolve any service issues, complaints, communications or other enquiries that you may submit to us regarding our services.
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested, services and/or products offered by us and/or changes thereto, or by our service providers and/or business partners.
- to maintain and develop our services, products, business systems and infrastructure
- to manage staff training and quality assurance.
- to produce data, reports and statistics which shall be anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual.
- to process your participation in any activities, events or contest.
- to contact you if you are declared a winner, which may include publication of your Personal Data such as name and identification number in newspapers or online platform for announcement of winners.
- for publication of your testimonials in relation to activities, events, contest or services.
- for publication of your testimonials in relation to activities, events, contest or services.
- to investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving Karecord.
- to conduct marketing/promotional activities.
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes.
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
- to diagnose or fix technology problems.
- to plan for and enhance our Services and our Site.
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Request for access and Correction of Personal Data
- We may collect personal data from application registration or visit to websites owned and/or operated by Karecord, registration for a specific service provided by us, use of our services, documents provided by you to us, participation in our survey, entry in competitions, contests, promotions, programmes organised by us, request for information regarding our product, commencement of any business or commercial relationship with us and/or any communication made with us.
- We may also obtain your personal data from:
- third parties we deal with or are connected with you.
- public domain and such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you
- Other third parties engaged to provide your requests for services from publicly available sources. For example, we may receive information about you when you interact with Karecord or the Site through various social media, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network, which you can change at any time
- where otherwise lawfully permitted.
Retention and Disposal Principle
- If you wish to correct, change or update your personal data, all you have to do is to go to your "My Profile" page to do so. You will need to have your user id and password. You may likewise contact us at the Contact Details below.
- You shall provide and maintain accurate, complete and current data required to register with Karecord. You represent and warrant that all information furnished to Karecord from time to time through its application, website or otherwise is correct, validly issued and legally binding on you.
- You will be liable for any loss that results from any failure to notify Karecord of such a change as a result of undue delay, your gross negligence or fraud. Where you fail to inform of any change in its address, Karecord shall be discharged from all liabilities upon sending of any notice or document to the last known address.
- Karecord reserves the right at any time to satisfy itself as to your identity and personal details provided including for the purposes of preventing fraud and/or money laundering and pending verification, we may subject to the Act withhold your access to your personal data. In addition, at the time of your application or at any time in the future, you authorise KARECORD to perform identity verification checks directly or using relevant third parties.
Karecord shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that:
Disclosure of Personal Data
- Personal Data, whether stored electronically or in paper form, is secured against risks of loss, destruction, duplication, use, modification or disclosure by having in place regular Personal Data housekeeping in terms of retention periods for and classification of Personal Data for legal and business requirements.
- Disposal of documents containing Personal Data, or remove the means by which the Personal Data can be associated with particular individuals as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by such retention, and to maintain such record of the disposal. In this connection, Karecord will periodically review the length of time and the purpose for which the Personal Data is held.
- We will process personal data for the following reasons and may disclose to the following third parties:
- With third-party vendors and other service providers as needed to fulfill your requests and provide Services to you;
- With third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as hosting and record-keeping services;
- With our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates;
- As an asset of ours in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of all or a portion of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings;
- With third parties as required by law or subpoena or, if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary, to
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement;
- to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security, integrity, or reputation of our Service; and/or
- to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Karecord, our Users, or others; and
- We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- to provide, maintain, protect and improve all or any of our services and to develop new ones
- for internal and marketing purposes of Karecord
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with services that you have requested or subscribed for
- to companies, corporations and/or entities that act as Karecord's service providers, gateway providers, agents, contractors and/or professional advisers
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies and/or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Karecord will share personal data with other parties, companies, organizations or individuals outside of Karecord when Karecord has your consent to do so subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to the Karecord.
- Karecord shall be entitled to retain all data and information supplied by you for the use of Karecord, notwithstanding the termination or suspension of our services to you.
- We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, despite Karecord's efforts to protect your personal data, Karecord cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. All such transmission of information is carried out at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure its security in our systems.
Whenever we send you any information online, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and a link to do so. If you do not wish to receive further information of a similar nature, you may e-mail us. If you do not wish to receive any information of any kind from us at all, you may e-mail us.
Whether obligatory to provide personal data and consequences of not providing
Where indicated (e.g. on our website, registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal data to us to enable us to process your application for our services. Should you decline to provide or limit processing such obligatory personal data, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services.
Links to other sites
- Karecord uses "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
- Karecord may process and/or otherwise use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve the user experience and the overall quality of Karecord's services. You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with Karecord's services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by Karecord. However, it's important to remember that many of Karecord's services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- Like many web site operators, Karecord also uses the independent companies to measure and analyse the internet usage across Karecord websites. This aggregate, non-personal data is collated by such independent companies and provided to Karecord to assist in analysing the usage of Karecord websites.
- Karecord also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Karecord collects and manages IP addresses as part of managing its services and for security purposes.
Transfer of your personal data outside Malaysia
It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside Malaysia subject always to the Act if any of our service providers or strategic partners ("overseas entities") who are involved in providing part of our services are located in countries outside Malaysia or if you use the services from a country other than Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal data outside Malaysia in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas entities are contractually bound not to use your personal data for any reason other than to provide the services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal data.
- If you wish to access and request for correction or limit the processing of your personal data or have any queries or complaints regarding your personal data, please contact us during our office hours as set out below and the following contact points:
||9:00am to 5:00pm
||+60 - 1700 81 5273
||+60 - 10 547 5273
||No.5-2, Jalan Equine 10A, Taman Equine, Seri Kembangan, Selangor Darul Ehsan. Malaysia
- In accordance with the Act, we may:
- charge a fee for processing your request for access; and
- refuse to comply with your request for access or correction in accordance with the Act.
Updated on 20.6.19